Menu
Serf
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New SIM and still no service

Tues 18 / 08 my phone lost all connection to mobile internet, calls and texts. We went through all connection settings and there is no reason for this. Phoned Virgin on Thursday and got through after 45 mins on hold. They said they would send through some settings but seeing as I can't send or receive texts this didn't come through. As my daughter uses this phone she had it with her (works on wi fi) so Virgin arranged a call back, which they did call me back. end result was that they sent me out a replacement SIM. This arrived on Friday but there is the same issue, it has been over 24 hours with the SIM in - there has been no prompt for a password and still no service. 

I have tried my SIM (from another provider) in her phone and it works and tried her SIM in my phone and it doesn't work. Both the old and the new SIMS 

I'm beginning to think Virgin have done this on purpose as we have a very good SIM only deal so they probably want to get rid of us 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM and still no service

Hi there @Serf

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry that you're having some issues with your SIM and having no connection, even after we have sent you a new one. 

I assure you that we're not doint this on purpose whatsoever - we want all our customers to have a working service regardless of tariff. After locating the account via your forum information, we can see that the new SIM was not activated. 

We have now activated the SIM for you - please can reboot the handset for us and see if you can now get any signal or connection? 

Keep us posted. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Serf
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie. My daughter has phone with her at the moment so I'll check when she's back. 

0 Kudos
Serf
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All working now, thank you. 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know that it's working for you after it's been activated. Please let us know if you have anymore problems with it.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos