Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New SIM - Nokia X2 unblock code does not work

Hello,

I have a Nokia X2 phone (not smart) bought from Virgin.I received a new purple SIM on 12th August, but the unlock code on the Virgin letter did not work. I contacted Virgin on their on-line form, and a week later a representative phoned and gave me 'another' unlock code. Unfortunately, this was the same as in the letter. I've tried to go around the on-line loop again, but now Virgin say they do not recognise my IMEI number, even though it's on their letter and on their website.I keep getting texts to say I will lose my service, and as a pensioner, this is something I don't want to do.Can anyone offer advice as it's much harder to contact Virgin than it used to be. (I tried their Text Messaging Service but that takes me back to their website) Thank you, Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM - Nokia X2 unblock code does not work

Are you using the correct unlock method

1. Turn on the phone without any sim card
2. Enter the following sequence (#pw+unlock code+7#) on your NOKIA  just like a phone number*
* Characters p, w, + will appear after pressing the *(star) symbol a couple of times
4. Press # at the end to confirm the code
5. Message "SIM restriction OFF" should appear.
Your Nokia 2600 Classic is now unlocked !!!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos