Menu
PaulFD
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New SIM - Nokia X2 unblock code does not work

Hello,

I have a Nokia X2 phone (not smart) bought from Virgin.I received a new purple SIM on 12th August, but the unlock code on the Virgin letter did not work. I contacted Virgin on their on-line form, and a week later a representative phoned and gave me 'another' unlock code. Unfortunately, this was the same as in the letter. I've tried to go around the on-line loop again, but now Virgin say they do not recognise my IMEI number, even though it's on their letter and on their website.I keep getting texts to say I will lose my service, and as a pensioner, this is something I don't want to do.Can anyone offer advice as it's much harder to contact Virgin than it used to be. (I tried their Text Messaging Service but that takes me back to their website) Thank you, Paul.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM - Nokia X2 unblock code does not work

Are you using the correct unlock method

1. Turn on the phone without any sim card
2. Enter the following sequence (#pw+unlock code+7#) on your NOKIA  just like a phone number*
* Characters p, w, + will appear after pressing the *(star) symbol a couple of times
4. Press # at the end to confirm the code
5. Message "SIM restriction OFF" should appear.
Your Nokia 2600 Classic is now unlocked !!!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
PaulFD
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello enlli,

Thank you for replying to my request for help regarding unblocking my Nokia X2 mobile (not smart) phone. Alas, I could not get your suggestion to work, and due to Covid-19, it has been a struggle to speak to a person at Virgin. I eventually did manage to get through to Virgin support, who have advised that my mobile phone is the problem and they are going to send me a new Nokia 105 within ten days which should sort my problem out. I am able to keep my old number.

All the best,

Paul    

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI PaulFD, thanks for the message and we are happy to hear that this is on the way to getting resolved. Some older phones will not accept the new sim and we are sending handsets out if this is the case. Please let us know when the handset arrives and if you have any issues with it? Chris 

0 Kudos
PaulFD
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your message. The new Nokia 105 phone arrived in good time and has solved the issue I had with the new Virgin purple SIM not working in my Nokia X2. I did have to refer to Youtube in order to fit the SIM card as I did not find the instructions that came with the device very helpful (Oh, you have to slide the SIM card UNDER the silver piece!) This is going to sound ungrateful, Chris, but the Nokia phone I bought off Virgin had a full colour display, easier to use buttons and a camera. The Nokia 105 has none of these things, so I do feel, through no fault of my own, I have ended up with an inferior phone, and no camera.
However, I am relieved that I can continue with a reliable mobile phone service.
Thanks again to Virgin support and the community for helping me out.
All the best,
Paul

0 Kudos