Menu
Abuelo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New SIM Nokia 203 device restricted

My elderly Sister in law had received the new Virgin replacement sim for her 8 year old Nokia 203 with a letter dated 24/07/20, but failed to tell me about it until yesterday, after her neighbours had tried unsuccesfully to install it. I gather she has been told that there are just 5 days to go before her old sim will cease to work, so I have brought it home with me to try it.

I put the new sim card in yesterday but I get the message “device restricted”. The accompanying letter doesn't have a "Restriction Code" on it so as advised, I went on "virginmedia.com/unlock" and entered the phone and account details. I have been told that a reply could take 72 hours which will take us very near the cut off date. The old sim still works OK.

Can anyone please advise ?

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM Nokia 203 device restricted

Hello Abuelo

Thanks for your post 

Sorry that you have had to report this 

Have you been able to get this sorted yet?

Can you please let me know either way 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Abuelo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No the problem hasn't been resolved, but as time was running out and I couldn't risk leaving my sister in law without a phone, I have had to arrange a new contract with a different supplier.

My problem now is that we are finding it impossible to get her PAC code from Virgin. I have tried phoning but nobody picks up the call, I have sent numerous request texts to the 65075 number but each one comes back with a very badly written message saying that they are having problems and when I tried to do it via my computer I had to register first and enter a security code which they would text to me, however when the text arrived there was no code in it, just a note saying "some characters missing".

If you can help with this PAC code problem I would be very grateful. As she does not get out very much and relies on her phone, she has a great number of contacts on it, to contact them all about of her new number would take for ever.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I can get the PAC code sorted Abuelo, It's no problem at all 

I will need to pass security first though 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Abuelo

I have just replied by Private with the Pac Code 

Not sure if you got it 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Abuelo
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gareth, I have and you are now on my Christmas card list. There's a pint waiting for you in my local, the next time you're near Manchester.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Abuelo

A Pint and packet of Cheese and Onion Crisps and we have a deal 

To be honest with this working from home and Covid. 

I am a lot closer to manchester than you would imagine 

Take care 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Abuelo
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you're anywhere near Ramsbottom Gareth then the offer stands. If you fancy a pint with an old man I will gladly provide the beer and crisps.

0 Kudos