Menu
paul1965
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New SIM (Does VM still want our custom)?

Hello Virgin Media

Do you still want our custom⁉️    🤔

Screenshot_20200903-165713.jpg

I've got a PAYG SIM, got the usual text messages, tried a few times - went through all the links asked for my EMEI (which it didn't recognise, so tried again and skipped that bit)

filled out all the rest only to get the error message each time... the other posts on this subject seem to have gone dead after a few days unresolved

👎Seriously not good customer service guys 😠 

ps, was going to get a new pay monthly phone from you guys for use on holidays next year from a leaflet dropped through the post... Unless this is fixed I'll be going else where instead! Your loss

0 Kudos
Kaptain
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM (Does VM still want our custom)?

I have just spent most of the day progressing a similar problem in live chat, as well as chatting with someone from complaints. My current understanding is that despite what is said in the new sim covering letter, if you have a phone with buttons, then Virgin will not obtain a Network unlock code for you. The current policy would be to send out a cheap replacement phone if you make enough fuss. As I have found, the codes which VM suggest might work will simply lock the phone and render it useless.
If you want to keep your old phone, then your only option would appear to take it to a phone shop, or online, and purchase an unlock code. You might think it strange that phone shops have this ability, but VM does not.
You might want to get an unlock price first, then raise a complaint with VM and ask them to pay the bill. If they refuse then I am sure the Ombudsman will view any complaint to them quite favourably, in the light of Ofcom's view on being able to unlock a phone and switch networks. In the meantime, don't forget to accept a free Energiser phone if offered, on the basis that is required until you get your own phone unlocked.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning @paul1965 

Sorry for the delay in response, I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your PAYG sim. 

Please could you let us know the current make and model of the phone you have? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
paul1965
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Kaptain...

Luckily I've already had the phone unlocked since I use it when I'm in the Channel Islands, and just swap to their local SIM, just went with Virgin because at the time they gave the most internet Gb value ... obviously though would like not to have the hassle of changing my number

ZaK_M

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6 - If you require more info, let me know and I'll get it when I get home this afternoon

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me, 

I am going to drop you a PM to get some additional info, 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos