Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New SIM Card Not Requested but being delivered

I have been informed that I have a new SIM Card being sent to me (From my usual email and Text so legitimate). 

Can anyone please confirm that this will not include track and trace as I did not ask for a new SIM and the timing seems too coincidental?

What will happen to my phone if I do not install the new SIM that I haven't requested?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM Card Not Requested but being delivered

Read this. VM are swapping existing SIMs for new SIMs as their network changes to be managed wholly by VM. You have an overactive imagination on track and trace. You'd need to download the NHS App for that when it becomes available. It'll be your choice.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/sim-help

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many Thanks Howard

I have numerous friends and family who use Virgin Mobile and who have older SIMS than mine, yet none of them have not been approached to change their SIM, have you? 

You may think me cynical for asking such a question and perhaps I am, but I don't mind questioning rather than just accepting what corporate organisations tell me and that sometimes they work with other organisations without divulging all that they are doing to their customers.

Thanks once again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

All SIMs will be replaced this year and this started in a small way at the end of 2017.

Just enables Virgin to control their own systems and change carrier 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos