Menu
FedUp71
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New Replacement SIM card not accepted

Received my brand new SIM card for the new even better network last week. Put it in my phone and got the message "SIM card not accepted". After some head scratching and looking on this forum, it appears that my Nokia 3310 bought from Virgin many years ago is actually locked to EE and requires an unlock code before it will work with the new SIM. Filled in the special online form to request my unlock code on 21 July but despite a promise of a reply in 72 hours, nothing has been received. I have resent the form today but time is running out and I'm at a loss at what to do next. Any suggestions please?

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Replacement SIM card not accepted

I posted this on another thread but it may help this query.

My wife's is phone is PAYG, bought more than 3 years ago. She received her new SIM yesterday and when it was inserted, it worked without using the personal unlocking key. She noted, though, on the red card containing the SIM and under the SIM are 2 items: your default security PIN and your personal unlocking key. The latter is very faint and may require a magnifying glass to read but it is there. 

I hope this may help. I am not an expert, just another Virgin customer trying to deal with the SIM change with no information or, as yet, response from Virgin.

FedUp71
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. Yes, I see that number on the red card. I entered it on the phone but nothing happened. Still lost 😩

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is the standard way to unlock basic Nokia phones

1  Turn on the phone without any sim card
2. Enter the following sequence (#pw+unlock code+1#) on your NOKIA 3310  just like a phone number*
* Characters p, w, + will appear after pressing the *(star) symbol a couple of times
4. Press # at the end to confirm the code
5. Message "SIM restriction OFF" should appear.

IF +1# at the end does not work try +7#

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

FedUp71
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. I assume I use the code on the red card that came with the letter. I have entered this on the phone in the format described in your post but when I get to the last # it won't let me enter that. 😤

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure what code is on the red card and no way of me telling.

From what I know from another customer it is printed quite small on the letter

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

FedUp71
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There's no unlock code printed on the letter. On the red card which held the SIM there are two items: My default seurity PIN and my personal unblocking key. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if I get my personal unlock code from Virgin after sending my request for the second time. Thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos