Menu
Rav3n
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New Phone

Hello,

I've just changed from a SIM only deal to a new phone keeping my old number, all with Virgin. My phone will not work. All I keep getting is the following two messages: NETWORK REJECTION CAUSE SIM NOT PROVISIONED MM#2 and MOBILE NETWORK NOT AVAILABLE. I've been trying for three days to get intouch with Virgin help but the phone line keeps going dead after a few minutes. How do I request another SIM card, or any help for that matter? Any suggestions please?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Phone

It may be that they have kept your old SIM working, they often do then change your airtime package on the refresh date.

Try it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rav3n
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

First of all, many thanks for your reply.

I just cannot get through to Virgin Mobile.

I've tried to text.......but the phone does not work......none of the texts get sent.

All I keep getting is the message "Mobile network not available"

I've tried the old SIM in the new phone, and the new SIM in the old phone.....still nothing and still the same messages.

I know I'm not the best shiny 'shilling in the box' but I didn't know it would be this difficult to get a new phone.

Do you think it would be easier if I were to ask Virgin to just give me a new number and start again?

I've been without a mobile now for seven days, and I need a phone as I look after two very infirm parents.

Do you know of an email address I could write to Virgin on please?...........the telephone line just switches off after a few minutes, it's so very frustrating.

Hope you can help.

Many thanks

Robert.

0 Kudos
Rav3n
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Enlli (Very Insightful Person)

Again, my thanks for your reply to my previous message.

I have just managed to speak to a very helpful young lady at Virgin who informs me that the SIM card "had not been activated at their end".

I have been asked to leave my new phone with the new SIM card in it turned "ON" for the next 24 hours.

(I hope to goodness I've got the right one in.....I've been shuffling them in and out of my old and new phone like I was playing "snap"!!!!!

Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

I shall let you know the outcome as you have been kind enough to offer me your help.

Once again many thanks,

Robert

0 Kudos
Rav3n
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Enlli (Very Insightful Person)

Well, it did the trick and I can use the phone to make phone calls now.

Parents (very elderly who I care for) are very relieved too.

I swopped over the SIM card and the phone lit up like a Christmas tree and sang like a canary!

Seriously.......thanks again.

You cannot imagine how frustrating it was not to have access to a  telephone where very vulnerable people depend on you each day.

Very best wishes

Robert.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Robert

Thanks for confirming your phone is now working as you'd expect it to.  

Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R