Menu
BobT
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New Phone - New SIM Required

Hi All Been given new Samsung phone that requires new nano? SIM.  Currently on Virgin SIM only deaI. I obviously want to keep the same number.  Obviously I do not want to end up paying for two SIMS (existing + new)What is the easiest way to do this? I have tried going via Virgins own online chat/help but the delays in getting a response are frustrating. Any advice info appreciated. Regards - BobT

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Phone - New SIM Required

How old is your present SIM  All the cards produced in the last few years are multi size. Look at it carefully and you should see score marks for the nano. Give a push and it will come out

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BobT
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi enlli  - Thank you for your response.  Current phone is...... Sony Experia M2 with Micro SD card.  Heh! Heh! I know, I know, it's nearly as ancient as I am! New phone is  Samsung A21s.  Most important is to retain existing number for new phone that will obviously need new SIM.  If I order new monthly SIM only from Virgin can I assume that my existing number will be included?  Unfortunately, my hearing is not great so trying to order or discuss this matter by phone is impossible. 

Regards - BobT

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi BobT, thanks for the message, the new sims will split in to the correct size which is needed or an sim adaptor is needed. Can you confirm if you have managed to get this replaced or do you still need assistance with this? ^Chris

0 Kudos
BobT
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris - Thank you for your response.  Yes, received (nano) SIM a couple of days ago and fitted it no problem. Unfortunately still cannot connect to anything.  Get message 'SIM 1 not provisioned'.  I see elsewhere on the Forum that a phone call was required by another member to activate their new SIM.  Unfortunately, varying levels of Tinnitus can make phone calls very difficult or impossible at times. A couple of questions..

1) Is there an online option that I can use to activate this SIM?

2) What information is likely to be requested for activation so that I can have everything to hand when the time comes.

Regards - BobT

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @BobT 

Really sorry it has taken a little while for a response. 

If you still haven't had the sim activated we would be able to look into this for you. 

I would just ask, Is the phone locked to a network already? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

BobT
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak - Thank you for your response.  This is all up and running now via Support on 789. My partner was able to speak to Customer Services on my behalf (unfortunately I have varying levels of Tinnitus that frequently make it difficult/impossible to have a meaningful telephone conversation).  

In passing....was advised by customer support that old SIM would be deactivated more or less immediately but new one up and running within a few minutes.

Old SIM deactivated very quickly but new SIM not working for approximately 18 hours.  This was not a big issue because I noted on the Forums that it could take up to 24 hours for new SIM to kick in. It may be better if 789 support advised customers of the potential delay.....it may save them some earache! 🙂

Regards

BobT

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi BobT,

Thanks for coming back to us with an update about this, I am glad this issue was eventually resolved for you 🙂

We will take into account what you mentioned and will always look at ways to improve our services, in order to avoid any earache!

I hope you have a Happy New Year today and if you need any further help please let us know.

Thanks!

Megan_L

0 Kudos