Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

New Account - Stuck in ReCaptcha Loop

Hi,

I just joined Virgin Mobile and seem to have the same issue as a few others on here in that I'm unable to access my online account.  

I enter my user name and password and get a green tick against each and am then presented with an "I am not a robot" reCaptcha box.  On ticking this it just re-presents the box over and over (sometimes I get a set of squares to identify cars or traffic lights) but I can not get past this screen and into my account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Account - Stuck in ReCaptcha Loop

Have you tried with another browser? You may have cookies turned off or an issue with the one you're currently using. 

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Deleted - wrong thread!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I've tried Firefox and Edge on my PC (also deleted cookies and the cache on both) and also Safari on my iPad - same issue.  This looks like a backend issue in account provisioning (several other people on here with new accounts having the same problem) rather than something peculiar to my account -  see here and here

My account is registered (according to the e-mail I received at sign up) and I have clicked the link and confirmed my e-mail address.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Just wanted topop on here and say this is now resolved!

I'd managed to set a password that was longer than allowed - truncating it to the required length let me in!!

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update helen1148 it's much appreciated - I've encountered this elsewhere recently and wasn't sure what had caused it so that's handy to know. If you get stuck with anything else please give us another shout.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi all I added a comment on another topic for the same issue, I reset my password and it is 8 characters, mine still doesn't work. I too have tried 3 different browsers (windows 10 - edge, firefox and chrome) I have rebooted my laptop, cleared cache and cookies. I have tried on my android samsung s8 using chrome, connected to Virgin broadband and connected to EE 4g. I've disabled AV and VPN and still no luck. I rang virgin mobile who de-registered my a/c in order to re-register, as soon as i verify and then attempt logon and the same issue.

There are no errors just returns the logon screen waiting for recaptcha. I too believe it is a backend issue.

Any other ideas anyone?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I forgot to mention my account is quite old and I am logging on to it in order to port my EE mobile number over. I've tried to logon directly from virgin media site too and same issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about this mak1969, I've sent you a PM and hope to hear back from you soon so we can investigate further.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have tried to register an online account for new virgin mobile and have encountered the exact same problems as mentioned on this forum, recaptcha loop. Also when i input my virgin mobile phone number it doesnt recognise the number.

can you help please

0 Kudos