Menu
mike1969dfc
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Network Locked

I recently drowned my Galaxy S6 so have been using an Alcatel Pixi 4 as a backup.  This worked ok for 2 weeks but now my sim is locked.  I entered the code which had been sent out previously in relation to unlocking my Samsung for data roaming abroad, even though I no longer use that phone, but it doesn't work.  My emails have been ignored and the local Virgin Store is closed. 

The customer service is pathetic at best and I am beginning to think I should just cancel my direct debit as I am being ignored. 

Anyone have any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network Locked

Hi there @mike1969dfc

Welcome to our Community and thanks for your first post; I am sorry that you're having some issues with your SIM when you have used a different handset. The code we would have sent for your data roaming would not be linked to a SIM that requires unlocking. 

Have you been able to test your SIM in another handset? More than likely, the handset you have used (the Alcatel) has been locked to another network and as such you can no longer use it; you would need a new unlock code.

You can read more about that online here

I assure you, you are not being ignored. All our lines are open and we have agents doing all they can to answer your calls as quickly as we possibly can. We would advise you not to cancel your Direct Debit as this can have an impact on your mobile account which has to have an active direct debit to remain active with us. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos