Menu
kittya
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Need to order a new sim - possible?

Received messages re: need for new sim, haven't received one, have two mobile plans only one is affected, not sure why?!. Online help tells me to ring, calling sends me to online page telling me to ring, going round in circles.

Now I've had an email telling me the old sim will no longer work from next week, it's getting into 'urgent' territory.   Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance  🙂

0 Kudos
Keith772
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to order a new sim - possible?

You need to contact customer service on 789 to order one.  They are always busy but if you ring at 8am then this is when they open for these problems and the wait can be as little as 10 mins. With regard to the second phone, don't worry my second card did not arrive until 3 weeks after the first.

0 Kudos
kittya
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The 789 number is not answered. There is no option that leads to a person, I've tried them all over the last 2 days & I've tried every available customer service number, all lead to a text link to a webpage telling me to ring 789.

Incredibly frustrating!

0 Kudos
kittya
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just received a letter telling me to swap sims. Telling me to go to the website if I've got a problem, website page that tells me to ring 789 again! 

Are there any virgin people on here that can help at all?

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your sim card at the moment kittya.

Have you been able to speak to an agent to get this resolved or has your sim arrived since you posted?

If you're still in need of assistance, please let me know and I can help out.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
kittya
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying.

I'm hoping it's sorted, spent, an incredibly frustrating, 3 hours in a text off with virgin & have confirmation that sim ordered. It's not arrived yet & services get switched off monday so, still a bit nervy...

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear that this has been arranged kittya but its not good to hear that it took so long for this to get arranged. 

When did you have this conversation with the team? Have they advised, how long it will take the sim to arrive?

Have you been given any tracking or delivery information, if you haven't yet got the details, you can also check the status of the sim delivery on your online account, to check the status on your account, simply log in to Your online mobile Account and choose My orders, you will then be able to see the status of your order.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
kittya
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Steven_L wrote:

Glad to hear that this has been arranged kittya but its not good to hear that it took so long for this to get arranged. 

When did you have this conversation with the team? Have they advised, how long it will take the sim to arrive?

Have you been given any tracking or delivery information, if you haven't yet got the details, you can also check the status of the sim delivery on your online account, to check the status on your account, simply log in to Your online mobile Account and choose My orders, you will then be able to see the status of your order.

Regards

Steven_L

Text conversation on Tuesday,  started 17 11 finished 20.14. Ridiculous.  Said 5 days.

Fingers crossed  🤞

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Lets hope that you get this today or tomorrow.

Did you get chance to look into your online account to see, if there are any updates on there?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos