Menu
worky
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Need new sim

hello - l have the old style full sim card (payg) and now needs a replacement nano card for new phone. Rang 789 and they asked her a security question but as it was so long ago  can't remember the answer is there a way to resolve this please as l believe these old style sim cards will stop at the end of July

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need new sim

I hope the old SIMs don't stop working at the end of July (this week). I had not heard a word about the new SIM until my wife received a text and e-mail about her mobile. Her SIM arrived today and, thankfully, the change has been completed successfully. 

Will Virgin not give you a prompt about your password to jog your memory?

0 Kudos
worky
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

yes they gave prompt but unfortunately gave wrong reply said l would have to ring again

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Where did you see the old SIMs won't work after July? I have not seen that anywhere and I hope it is not accurate. Mind you, initial reports of Virgin's switch from EE to Vodaphone said we would not have to change SIMs and here we are, faced with changing SIMs!

0 Kudos
worky
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

apologies - l may have got it wrong and got confused about the report that old payg plans not being renewed and that virgin were sending out new sims to replace the old ones, but as said am a little confused as to what will happen come 30th July

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am very confused now. I have a PAYG account and I have not heard they will be discontinued. I have just Googled this an I am appalled that no contact has been made by Virgin if, as I read, its charges for existing PAYG customers are heading skywards on July 30. What the heck is going on?

0 Kudos
worky
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

l really don't know either !!! all l'm after is a nano card to replace the full size one l have, are there no mods looking in that can answer ?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Closure of Virgin PAYG was originally scheduled for the end of  July, this was put on hold because of Corvid crisis. 

There is no date as yet as to when this will happen in the future, but those affected will get ample prior warning

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for this information. I was unaware that PAYG was in peril, due to end on 30 July and had been reprieved because of the COVID-19 crisis. It would have been good to hear this from Virgin. I sometimes have issues with BT but it does, at least, communicate with its customers.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello there, 

@Ahrebee

thank you for reaching out. We did start communication with our customers regarding pay as you go sims, however as advised above this has been delayed due to the current pandemic, as of yet we are yet to have been informed of when this will recommence. 

We will be sure to give all customers plenty of notes about the next steps. 

@worky 

As of yet, Have you managed to speak with out team regarding the new sim? 

Kind Regards 

Zak_M 

0 Kudos