Menu
PjFish
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Need a code for new SIM card

1. My elderly parents have both received a new SIM cards which Virgin told them they needed, we need a code to input in their phone. I was on the phone to Virgin yesterday for an hour and was told it would be resolved by this morning. We woke this morning to find their existing SIM cards are now inactive but still the new SIM cards need an Input code. I cannot phone Virgin because we have no SIM card that works, when I try to phone using their landline it tells me to press 1 for an online link they will send to their mobile phone, which I won't be able to access. I have no idea what to do and I am going home 250 miles away on Friday and I cannot leave my elderly parent without working mobile phones. Please help.
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need a code for new SIM card

Hi PjFish,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you are unable to use the replacement SIM. There are 3 possible reasons:

• The SIM is not active - I can check this for you if needed
  • The handset is locked - there should be an unlock code included along with instruction.
  • The handset incompatible - this one, regrettably may be due to the age of the phone.

I'll send you a PM shortly to check the SIM status.

Cheers,
Corey C

0 Kudos
PjFish
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. It may be the handset is too old but my parent need a Doro handset because they are hard of hearing. I have got a new contract with Tesco with a new Doro handset because I don't have time to sort this out with Virgin before I leave my parents house tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi PjFish,

I believe that Corey has sent you over  a PM - let me know if you've received it, just incase you missed it 🙂

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos