Menu
brocoli
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nano SIM card

I wish to buy a SIM card from you for my new phone, a Doro 7080. It does specify that only a Nano SIM card (4FF) will fit and that using a multi SIM card that can be reduced in width will not fit as these are thicker than a Nano SIM card. Can you please confirm that the SIM card I order from you will be a Nano SIM card of the correct thickness to fit my Doro phone.

Thank you

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Nano SIM card

Hi. Can you point us to where it says that. 

As far as I am aware all UK networks including Virgin use the triple push out type. We have users on here that have used Virgin cards with the latest Doro phones.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
brocoli
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, and thanks for the response. The note about only using a Nano SIM card is part of the Quick Start guide for the phone. I'm not sure how I can show it to you without sending a scan of the document. Would this be helpful?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Looking online I get this from the manual. As I say everyone does the triple push out version these days as it saves producing different cards. I don't see a problem 

Screenshot_20210423-153256_Drive.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

brocoli
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The online manual differs from the printed guide which came with the phone, in that it only comments briefly about using a Nano SIM rather than the dire warnings about using the triple version given in the printed guide. As you quite rightly pointed out, all the UK networks use this triple version anyway.

I feel much happier ordering the new SIM card for the Doro phone.

Thanks very much for your help.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello brocoli

Thanks for your query in regards to the SIM card for your new phone. We appreciate you taking the time to raise your query and welcome to the forums.

As enlli has already advised, most if not all providers use the triple SIM (push out) with their devices. We have helpful advice here for general queries, there's advice here for running phone diagnostics.

Rob

0 Kudos