Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 65
Flag for a moderator

NEW VIRGIN SIM & NO SERVICE AGAIN & AGAIN & AGAIN

HI

Just updated my plan & had to have new sim. On my second one now and none work. I have spent over five infuriating hours talking to some very "chippy" advisors in the Phillopines with no success at all.They seem to only want to sell me another phone which I do not want or need. After numerous calls each time my account is "RESET" then I get service for about 30 mins and then nothing once again.

I have been with Virgin for 8 years plus and never had problems like this. My old sim worked perfectly in my phone but both new sims just will not work and SADLY the advisors at virgin only follow a script and when asked a serious question like why does it work when they "RESET" the account? They come back with I must factory reset my phone!! REALLY......

Judging by the number of similar threads on here is it not about time Virgin held their hands up and got this sorted?

Any help with this much appreciated.

They seem to only want to sell me another 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Re: NEW VIRGIN SIM & NO SERVICE AGAIN & AGAIN & AGAIN

I had similar experience when I called virgin on behalf of my wife and son, they wanted to sell a new mobile to my wife as he believed it was her mobile was the problem and not the sim! My son has a 4g phone and has the same problem "no service". They will be leaving unless something isn't improved ASAP! 

Highlighted
Superstar
Message 3 of 65
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry no solution for you 😞

In the last few days, there is a growing number of posts here saying they have received a new SIM and getting the same problem as you where signal just goes after a while, others have said restarting phone brings signal back for a while.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 65
Flag for a moderator

According to one of the more helpful advisors, the problem is caused by the network updating and not recognising the new sim and effectively cutting off the service. Therefore has nothing to do with the phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 65
Flag for a moderator

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/sim-help

Found the above information from their website, looks virgin are updating their network like you say but why have we got to put up with a intermittent service because of it?! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the link. From only my own experience, Virgin saying the new sim will work in any phone is just not correct. Being very cynical. and from the way the advisors are pushing there own locked phones I would guess someone has had the idea of making the sims work with virgin phones only, and therefore people with non virgin phones are having the problems. I simply do not want a locked to virgin phone at say £30 a month for the rest of my natural life!! I am awaiting a call back from virgin and then if no joy I will go to another provider, as simply what use is a phone with no service and still having to pay virgin for a non existent service. I said to one advisor when told to try the sim in another phone "ok send me a phone then" their reply was "we dont have any spare phones !!" Virgin are really not on top of this situation and do not seem to care and judging by other threads this problem is getting bigger & worse. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 7 of 65
Flag for a moderator

@Princealbert40

The swap to the new purple SIM's has been going on since December 2017, it can not be that long now before all the old EE SIM's are made redundant.

The phones Virgin sell are unlocked to any network - the same as any phone brought elsewhere, the reason for the hard selling when ringing 789 comes mainly down to them being on commission for the sales.

With the problem posts on recent replacement SIM's (last week or so), it just looks like a network fault registering the SIM's or a batch of dodgy SIM's themselves.  All your phones are just fine 👍

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Tell me about it!! I've spent so much time on the phone to Apple and Virgin that I expect an invite to their Christmas parties. I think I can safely assume that the problem is with Virgin but still 10 days and 3 sim cards on 'No Service' (apart from and hour or so after I switch the phone off and on again) BEYOND FRUSTRATED!!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 65
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I know how your feeling mate think we need someone from virgin to actually come on to this thread and say something or at least apologise for all this inconvenience! My wife says she's had a limited service today and my son's mobile seems to be ok atm, I'm currently waiting for someone to call me back from virgin mobile technical team, what they can do I really don't know as I believe as do others on this forum that it's a sim/network problem not the phone. 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply...... Shame no one tells the advisors this...... despite constantly telling them my phone works fine the robots just want to keep going through trouble shooting which gets us nowhere......SEVEN TIMES NOW.
0 Kudos