cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW VIRGIN 5G SIM PACKAGES

GROBTIV
On our wavelength

I have a 4G mobile phone at present and wish to use it with one of the 5G virgin mobile SIM card packages. It's not entirely clear if these latest cards are compatible with existing 4G mobile phones. I am well aware that using a 5G card will not increase my phones capabilities but am concerned that its backward compatible?

One attraction of going to virgin mobile as my mobile phone network is because I already have a broadband/TV/landline with virgin media and hoped to add the Sim card monthly payments to my existing direct debit account-- but I can't find a convenient way to do this online and order one of the SIM card packages. Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The cards are fully compatible with 4G / 3G and 2G, so using one in a 4G phone is not a problem.

You can't add a SIM card to your existing Direct Debit as Virgin Mobile appears to operate separately when it comes to such things. You will need another account and Direct Debit following a credit check.

You could go for one of the Oomph Broadband tariffs that include a free SIM but again it will be on a separate account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The cards are fully compatible with 4G / 3G and 2G, so using one in a 4G phone is not a problem.

You can't add a SIM card to your existing Direct Debit as Virgin Mobile appears to operate separately when it comes to such things. You will need another account and Direct Debit following a credit check.

You could go for one of the Oomph Broadband tariffs that include a free SIM but again it will be on a separate account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks