Menu
1968GB
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

NEW SIMS ISSUES

As we are pensions some years ago we purchased two cheap PAYG NOKIA Phones for us to keep in touch with each other , these were locked to Virgin. Old SIM works fine. I put the new SIM into the phone, switched on and got "SIM not valid" displayed. Switched on and off, left ages, no change. Cleaned new SIM contacts etc. Old SIM back in works fine. Yes I probably need to buy two new cheap Phones, I NEED TO KNOW WHICH CHEAP SIM FREE PHONE WORKS WITH THIS NEW SIM?

PLEASE ADVISE. THANK YOU

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: NEW SIMS ISSUES

Thanks for the post 1968GB and welcome to our community, what we'd need to do is get an unlock code for you so the handsets can accept the new SIM.

I'll pop you over a private message now so we can go through this.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
1968GB
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dear Emily

As this my first time replying to a message before I send information just checking that only you can see this

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Private messages will appear top right of the forum pages (like this page). You'll see a bell and an envelope that are purple in colour. There'll be a 1 in the orange box next to the envelope if you have a message. Just click on the envelope to open the message.

Your message appeared in the thread, and was public.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me, the community member above has outlined where you can find this.

You can find all our staff members on the Helpful People To Know section of the Getting Started tab above if you'd like to confirm I'm one of these, only myself and if I'm out of office another staff member would be able to see this so this will all be secure. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos