Menu
Mouldy1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

NEW SIM

A new Virgin Mobile SIM was sent to my old address and the new residents returned it to sender.

I have messaged Virgin via their website to request a new SIM be sent to the address registered to my account but not heard back. I am currently in Australia so wondered if anyone has a magic email address for Virgin that might actually get a response to my issue? Despite me messaging that I don't have the new SIM they keep texting telling me to install it.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: NEW SIM

Hello

I am afraid that VM cannot send out a SIM when you are not in the UK, also as all SIMs are sent unactivated it will be a problem as all SIMs need to be activated on the home UK network only, the only way around this is for VM to send SIM to a friend / family for them to place SIM in phone too activate it and then your friend / family to forward the SIM to you.

Can you lets the forum know and a VM forum staff member can arrange to send SIM to a friend / family.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mouldy1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike. If VM posts the SIM to my address as listed on my account my son will sort it out for me. The problem is only that the SIM they sent was posted to an old UK address address rather than my current UK address. Had they posted to my current UK address there would be no issue.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

Just to make you aware when your Son activates the new SIM you will lose the old SIM access until you receive the replacement that has been passed on by your Son.

I have escalated to the VM forum team, somebody will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mouldy1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike, much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Mouldy1,

Thanks for your post and welcome 🙂

It looks like Mike has been brilliant and given you all the information you need. I can arrange for a new sim to be sent out to your UK address, that's not a problem.

I'll need to take some details and make sure we update the address, so I'll pop you a private message now.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad I've been able to get this sorted out for you 🙂

If you need anything else, let me know.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos