Menu
ianono
Just browsing
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

NEW SIM PR DISASTER

I have spent nearly all afternoon either holding on the phone or navigating my way round this website trying to find out why, having been told I didn't HAVE TO change my SIM card, that my service will now be interrupted. I can see from the below that changing the SIM is really turning out to be a piece of cake for Virgin customers. I don't need to upgrade to new things so why am I being forced to do this?

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: NEW SIM PR DISASTER

I can't help you with your problem, but I must agree that pressing ahead with a large scale and poorly communicated SIM replacement programme in the middle of a global pandemic has all the hallmarks of complete, utter, ***witted idiocy.

However, much like our present government, deckchairs may be rearranged and peons sacked, but nobody who travels in "gravy train" class will suffer.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ianono
Just browsing
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have two old Nokia handsets to sort - one is mine, one is my mother's (79, lives on her own, not tech savvy in any way). Just one look at this forum is telling me that there are all sorts of issues with old handsets so is it any wonder I am reluctant to switch the SIM?

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ianono,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry for the late reply, and any confusion around changing your SIM card, 

Have you been able to get help with this since your post on the 18th?

Let me know if you still need help and I can pop you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos