Menu
Chin10
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

NETWORK LOCKED SIM CARD INSERTED!!

I am a loyal customer with Broadband/TV/Phone.

Recently bought SIM only contract on 19th Sept its been 14 days!

I followed all steps as suggested in the new SIM card and also received replacement SIM card.

Important Note 1- Other provides SIM works fine on my mobile phone and have been using this phone from last 2 years with no issue.

Now my replacement SIM card throws below error as soon as I put my new replacement SIM card on my phone " SIM NETWORK PIN BLOCKED. ENTER SIM NETWORK PUK"

Tried calling customer care for 5 times(every time 2 hours on call each time) so far and tried all new PUK codes given by your Virgin team with no success. Tech team now have requested new PUK code from samsung will take 5 -10 working days and yet not received called from  Virgin team which they promised. It's going to be 7 working days now.
Seriously considering my options to cancel all my services+my wife got virgin mobile contract too -If this is not resolved by Monday 6th Oct!!!
I am going to get charged for 1st Month bill without even activating my new SIM.

IMPORTANT NOTE 2: I use my number for work as l am working from home like many others and to call my family/friends during lockdown and my mobile number is registered for OTP to pay bills this is having a huge impact now!!!
PLEASE HELP & PRIORITISE THIS REQUEST!!!!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: NETWORK LOCKED SIM CARD INSERTED!!

your phone is locked to another network. Not something VM can fix. When you get a sim only sim you need to have a compatible unlocked phone
Chin10
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your suggestion.

I am aware of this issue and have already contacted my previous provider and they said my phone is unlocked as i have mentioned in my post. When i insert other SIM card it works fine, so its issue with Virgin SIM.

0 Kudos
pumas
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried the Virgin sim in an unlocked phone? If it works, not necessarily the answer you want, but would keep you going.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

what network was the "other sim card" you tested?
0 Kudos