Menu
teabag
Superstar
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My yearly problem

Another year and back again for the help of having "my nonexistent (ever) contract phone" being out of contract, stopping me from seeing my plan changes on my online account.

Can the flag be moved again so my alternative plans are viewable again online.

Screenshot_20190212-105311.png

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: My yearly problem

Hello teabag, 

I will pass your feedback on with regards to this, when you was in contract, the screen shows alternative plans, is that correct?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Joe_F wrote:

Hello teabag, 

I will pass your feedback on with regards to this, when you was in contract, the screen shows alternative plans, is that correct?

Thanks Joe_F

I've never been in contract with a phone - only ever taken on SIM Only contracts - like I am now as shown in the screen shot.

But every year, this happens about my non-existent phone contract - along with the many sales calls that follow about upgrading my non-existent out of date contract phone 😞

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I see, I can totally appreciate that must be frustrating, I will get this fed back for you. 

Thanks Joe_F

grahamking
Up to speed
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Teabag,

I was interested to spot this, because I have the same on my account:

53FED414-CA18-4C75-BC15-EBD05A907471.jpeg

In my case, I did have a phone contract prior to the SIM only contract I’m on now which ends in a couple of months.  What’s the implications of that message being there - does it limit the options available to you when it comes to choosing a new SIM only deal?  I thought it was odd that it was there permanently even though it says above that I’m in a contract, but I never thought anything of it really.

Thanks,

Graham

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @grahamking

Where it shows "your now out of contract" it gives a link to buying a new phone and SIM plans 😞

In place of that link, it really should be showing a link to available plans in your contract you can could change/move to - up or down every month if you wanted to.

For you, seeing as your contract does not have long to go, when it finishes - usually the best deals are here . But you would need to phone for those and agree to a new 12 month contract.

grahamking
Up to speed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ah, I see - thanks!

Shall have to see what deals are on once my contract is up.  3gb is more than I need really.  Starting every month with 6gb thanks to rollover, but some months not even using a1gb!  On the one hand at least I know I’ll never run out of data, but I might be able to save a quid or two.

Currently fighting the urge to window shop at phones...brain keeps reminding me that I bought my phone a year ago so that I could keep it for longer and save cash on sim only, but it doesn’t help that sub £200 phones seem to be getting better constantly.  The amount I paid for my Samsung J5 seems a bit of a rip off now!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Teabag,

I am sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with this.

Just to double check as I've unfortunately not encountered this issue before, have we resolved this for you in the past or does it seem to, at least temporarily, resolve itself until the next year rolls around?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Tom_S

Thinking about it, it was two years ago when this last happened and was fixed here by retired Terri_P or Rich_B

Last year I was on 30 day rolling (sim-only contract had finished), so changing plan was not a option online, always had the yellow box saying "sorry we have no plans for you"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Would you be OK if we send you a PM to confirm some account details with you so we could take a closer look?

0 Kudos