Menu
skiboysteve
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My virgin phone won't connect to landline numbers

Just recently my iPhone 6 on the Virgin network has stopped connecting to landlines. When the number is dialled it seems to connect for a split second then turns to an engaged tone. Other numbers get a french message. The called number doesn't get the call at all. I have stopped the wifi calling option and mobile numbers are not affected. Any ideas??

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My virgin phone won't connect to landline numbers

Can you confirm if this is happening on one or more than one wifi networks, does a network search change anything? Chris 

0 Kudos
skiboysteve
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm not using WiFi calling and have switched it off as I thought it may be the problem. So it is when using the virgin mobile network. I have started changing stored numbers to +44 instead of just using 0 and it has helped with some numbers but when ringing my home landline even with +44 it still won't connect. Got my wife to phone the home landline with her iPhone 7 and it connects straight away so not a problem with landline.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is worth a try

to:

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National.

Now make sure your numbers are set to the correct format. If not change region to anything other than UK (Settings -> General -> Language and Region -> Region) and then change back to UK

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
skiboysteve
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Enlli. Thanks for that advice. I have changed the settings as you suggested and it seems to have worked!! I live on the South Coast and may have been picking up signal from Europe. Who knows, but this seems to have solved the problem. Many thanks.

0 Kudos