Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

My phone number is using the wrong account

My father has multiple phone numbers connected to one account, one of which is mine. When I go on the virgin mobile app on my Iphone Xs, not only does my number pop up but so does my sisters. The problem is that even though I have my own sim and number, whenever I use the internet it seems to be using her data. When her data ran out, even though I still had plenty on my account I lost access to 4g, I can't access the internet and I have no idea how to solve this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: My phone number is using the wrong account

Hi Antares1883,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the Mobile sim and can confirm that a sim cannot use another sims data, this is just not possible.

The sim would go through different stages of authorisation before going on the internet and using data, this happens when the phone instructs the sim to do so.

In regards to the number popping I'd recommend deleting the app and reinstalling it to see if anything changes.

Are the sims on a linked account i.e share the same FA number?

We can split these but this would not have any change on data usage as the package would only be on one number and cannot be shared across numbers and is physically impossible.

We do recommend that you do a network search as this will reconnect to the service thus allowing you to access the internet.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos