Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My partner cannot hear me when she calls me

Hello,

When my partner calls me, on my basic Nokia TA-1034 handset (I have a Virgin account) from UK, using a Virgin landline phone, often she cannot hear me, but I can hear her. Anybody have this same problem please? Often the line goes dead also...thinking of changing provider after twenty years with Virgin...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: My partner cannot hear me when she calls me

Hi shodan007, 

Thank you for your post. 

Can I just confirm this is the same as your other post - where you're in France? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the other post is mine also. I'm in France.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming - we can't guarantee 100% fault free service whilst you're abroad or when you're in the UK, more so when you're abroad as you're not connected to our network. When you say it cuts out, can you expand on this please? After how long - do you lose signal? 

Do you have WiFi at home, would you be able to use a call feature in WhatsApp where it runs over WiFi as a solution. 

If you get signal all the time and can use the phone without any other issues - I hope you can appreciate it isn't something that we could fix right away or potentially do. We are a UK service provider which is meant to be used predominantly over here. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What happens if you initiate the call? Can you choose another French network?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It cuts out sometimes after a couple of minutes, or thirty minutes later. I have not checked the signal (I'm guessing you mean the signal strength bars?) when this happens, but will do so next time it happens.

All I need to know is this: when my partner, in the UK, calls me in France, from her Virgin account, using her landline - not her mobile - and we talk for up to an hour sometimes, if this a violation of Virgin's 'Fair Usage' regards to roaming? If so could this result in the call being terminated suddenly?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If I call my partner in the UK, from France, using my Virgin mobile, these problems don't happen.

Likewise if I call her in the UK using my French mobile, no problems. Which makes me wonder if it's a Virgin problem linked to her UK Virgin landline account?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have found this in our T&C's; 

2.1.1. In any rolling 4 month period, you must use more data, SMS and calls in the UK than the EU – we call this “prevailing domestic consumption”;

or

2.1.2. In any rolling 4 month period, you must spend more days in the UK than the EU – we call this “prevailing domestic presence” (we count each day you connect to our network in the UK as a day in the UK).

Cheers. 

0 Kudos