cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My o2 sim as part of my new volt bundle arrived and the signal/speed is not good. What are my options?

Nel13
On our wavelength

I purchased a volt deal (18 month, 1gig speeds, 10gb o2 sim, stream box but no TV package) a few days ago. 

The o2 sim arrived in the mail. My old ee sim is considerably faster speeds and better signal than this o2 sim which costs 12£ on my volt plan so I don't really want to use it. 

I'm really struggling to find out what happens if I cancel the o2 sim. I can see no reference to it in any contract but was told on phone chat that if I cancel the o2 sim my virgin broadband will increase in price by nearly £30???

I thought that If I cancel the o2 sim the only impact is my virgin speeds drop down a tier (to 500mb?). I might decide to keep the o2 sim and simply not use it in order to retain my 1gig speeds but at the moment I don't know what my options are. 

Can any staff member (pm me for my account details?) help me understand my options pls.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nel13, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

To answer the question you've put here - the SIM which has been bundled together for the creation of the package would need to be active for the deal/package you have taken out to stay at the price that was agreed. The Volt package in which you've chosen is at a discounted rate/price because of the items within that. 

The speed boost is a benefit which is provided when you have services from Virgin Media O2.

Hope this helps. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nel13, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

To answer the question you've put here - the SIM which has been bundled together for the creation of the package would need to be active for the deal/package you have taken out to stay at the price that was agreed. The Volt package in which you've chosen is at a discounted rate/price because of the items within that. 

The speed boost is a benefit which is provided when you have services from Virgin Media O2.

Hope this helps. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Nel13
On our wavelength

Thanks Ryan -  so for volt packages taken out, the two seperate contracts must remain active for 18 months or invalidate the entire package, and the speed/data boosts are included in the package. But if you have already a virgin or o2 contract, and add the opposite, then you get the speed/data upgrades advertised.

So I am best to just use the sim or place it somewhere and not use it, not advised to cancel the sim. 

That right? 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

The Volt bundle is for both services for the duration of the contract, Volt consists of a O2 SIM and Virgin Media services. The one in which you've taken out from your post included the SIM, with that x price was agreed, which would have come with a discount for the duration of the contract. 

You don't need to have a Volt bundle to have the benefits - you can already have an O2 SIM and Virgin Media services separate for example. 

Yeah absolutely, as long as the SIM isn't cancelled down then it's really up to you what you do with it 🙂

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Nel13
On our wavelength

Cheers Ryan, appreciate the help. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all my friend. Have a lovely rest of your day 🙂 

Cheers,

Ryan.