cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin mobile phone deletes my recent call lists every few days

S_Prower
Dialled in

The other month Virgin replaced the SIM card of my mobile phone. Since then the mobile automatically deletes my recent call lists every few days.

I have gone through every menu on my mobile, but the only option regarding the calls register that I have found is the option under 'Delete recent call lists' to delete 'All / Missed / Received call lists'

Stephen Prower

7 REPLIES 7

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi S_Power, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your recent calls being deleted since changing to your new SIM. 

This is not a problem I have encountered before so we will need to look in to this further to get a better understanding of what could be causing this. 

Can you please confirm which handset you are using and if the phones software is completely up to date. 

Thanks 

Nat

Nat

The phone is a Nokia 103. I bought it off Ebay, stuck my Virgin SIM card in it, and it worked. I don't think it came with any software.

I am sorry I did not come back to you earlier. I have been hit by another Virgin problem. My old Virgin Media links no longer work. I tried just now to open all the Virgin Media links that are listed by a Google search on my desktop computer on the string <Virgin Media>. All failed to open. Other stuff opens OK.

And just nownow my Email client has failed to download my Emails from pop3.ntlworld.com: It gives me the message ' 2: Bad address "pop3.ntlworld.com"'. I shall have to give priority to cracking this one.

I am a veteran of several big struggles in the past to get my Virgin Media service to work.

Eg one of Virgin Media's servers was blocked by a blackmailing German company -- That took a month for Virgin Media to sort out. I even sent the Virgin Media CEO an open postcard telling him that he was like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Or I eventually had to crack a loss of service on my own by discovering a bug--the omission of critical information--Virgin had left in the error message I received. Or Virgin technical side changed the address that my clent I used to log onto the Virgin server without telling me or Customer Service.

The struggles have been cumulatively heartbreaking, and I decided this time I must take a rest before girding up my loins before taking on a new set of struggles, or giving up on Virgin, and starting upon the research to find another service provider.

Still you're kind. Do what you can. I shall try to be a better correspondent.

Stephen

Nat

Oops!

'And just nownow my Email client has failed to download my Emails from pop3.ntlworld.com: It gives me the message ' 2: Bad address "pop3.ntlworld.com"'. I shall have to give priority to cracking this one.'

should read:

'And earlier today my Email client failed to download my Emails from pop3.ntlworld.com: It gave me the message ' 2: Bad address "pop3.ntlworld.com"'. I shall have to give priority to cracking this one.'

Sorry!

Stephen

Nat

Just to say that I can now download my Emails from pop3.ntlworld.com again. It must have been temporary glitch. That's a relief.

Stephen

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi S_Prower, 

Thank you for your update and apologies for any inconvenience caused by this glitch. 

With the handset issues, I have been looking in to possible causes and if this could be a setting within the handset. I am struggling to locate what could be causing this but information from online searches suggest contacting the manufacturer.

Have you already spoken with them? 

Thanks 

Nat

Nat

I am sorry that I have taken a while to reply. I was waiting to see how the O2 takeover that I heard about the other day would affect me. In fact O2 offered me a new contract with them, and I took up the offer. O2 have now replaced my Virgin SIM card with an O2 card, and if the problem of the deletion every few days of all the entries in my call registers persists, I shall from now on have to take it up with O2 or Nokia.

Thank you again though for your help! You, your colleagues and the volunteers who between you all monitor the Forum have often been my call when I have had technical problems with my Virgin service. Several times you have rescued me. I remain most grateful to you.

Stephen

Hi S_Prower

Thanks for coming back to us. Do let us know if you need further assistance. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill