Menu
ALLAN29
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mu Huawei mobile

When my contract was renewed this year, I ordered another Sony for my wife and a Huawei for me. I subsequently found out that I cannot access the Google play store from the Huawei, and so I cannot access most of the apps that I need. I have told Virgin that I don't believe that the phone is fit for purpose, but am being asked £200 to change it, which seems wrong. Has anyone out there had the same problem? Thanks. Allan

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mu Huawei mobile

Hello

How long have had the phone is it outside of the 14 days cooling off period ? If you are outside of this then you will need to pay for phone.

Claiming not fit for purpose will be hard as the phone doesn't come with a google operating system and google were the people who decided to disallow Huawei the use of the Android Operating System, it is supplied as a mobile phone but never has claims be made that it will work the Google Play Store.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mu Huawei mobile

• Huawei App Gallery has many of the standard apps and if you search the Huawei forums you will find workarounds for others.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos