Menu
EuanM1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Moving to Virgin Mobile and I would like to keep my old number. Recieved Sim with wrong number.

Hi eveyone,

Im new to Virgin I just swapped my phone number from BT aswell as getting broadband. When I bought the package online I put in my PAC code and my number I wanted to keep. I just got my sim today and it does not have my old number on it. I tried logging into my Virgin Mobile account but I cannot seem to and I cant even register with my old number. Is my number lost? I looked also on the main Virgin Media account page and it does not even show that I signed up for a mobile package, even though it clearly states in the email confirmation I got. 

Any help would be appreciated, 

Thanks 😊

0 Kudos
crapday
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving to Virgin Mobile and I would like to keep my old number. Recieved Sim with wrong number.

Sometimes these switchovers can take 24 hours although years ago when I moved to virgin mobile they did muck up my switch over, but they did sort it out in the end. 

0 Kudos
EuanM1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving to Virgin Mobile and I would like to keep my old number. Recieved Sim with wrong number.

Yeah I figured as much. Whats even more strange is that when I try to login to my mobile account using the number from the sim they sent out today it asks me a security question that I never even setup... What did you? Did you end up having to contact them on the phone?
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Number transfer only happens Monday to Friday. So if the SIM only activated today it will be Monday.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

EuanM1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh right ok. Is it normal that I cannot access my Virgin Mobile account as when I go to register it asks me a security question I never created. I have been on the phone 2 hours already today trying to get it sorted I havent even gotten through to anyone. Any thoughts on what I can do? I ordered fibre at the same time and that doesnt activate untill the 3rd of next week. Could that have something to do with it?
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello EuanM1

The security question would be the wrd we asked you when you joined us

It's the same as the one you use if you ever called us 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos