cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from one Virgin Mobile account to another

chrisw991
Joining in

Morning all,

I currently use a pay monthly device/number that's located on my Parent's VM account. It's going to be due for an upgrade in a week or so.

I was wondering if, as I now have my own Virgin Media account [being nearly 30 and grown up :D] whether I could set up a new Pay Monthly contract but keep the number from my Parent's account? Or even switch that plan from that account to mine?

Hopefully I've explained it clearly haha.

Thanks

Chris 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi chrisw991,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome back to the Community Forum.

In order to do this, you would need to transfer the responsibility for the account to yourself from your parents, and then upgrade. You would need to satisfactorily complete a credit check for this to go through.

Please let me know if you have any more questions or queries about this.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello @Laurie_C 

Please double check your information as Transfer of Responsibility is no longer an option from Virginmedia, and was never available on mobile accounts.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chrisw991,

Thanks for your post, I apologise for the advice above from our forum member it is incorrect

As @DJ_Shadow1966 has stated transfer of responsibility is no longer available for mobile or media.

You can port the mobile number to a different provider if you wish to keep the number.

Thanks.

Zoie

Aww that's disappointing.

I didn't really want to move away from Virgin Media.

But hey ho.

Looks like I'll have to.

Thanks for your help guys

Cheers

Chris

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the disappointment caused @chrisw991

Thanks for your patience regarding the matter, sorry to hear you are leaving us 😞

Best wishes,

Serena