cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from o2 to Virgin Mobile

bobgodbold
Tuning in

I'm an existing o2 pay monthly customer. I recently upgraded my Virgin Media contract and have taken Virgin Mobile as part of the deal.
I have received my 'new' sim and it is working OK.
I want to port my existing o2 number to Virgin Mobile but for the life of me cannot do it.
I'm going round in circles. I have my Virgin mobile number o2 account number but it does not accept it.

Phoning o2 to ask how to do it was pointless as he didn't know. "I'm already an o2 customer@.

I just want to port my number over. It should not be this difficult.

Any ideas or pointers please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm under the impression that the SIM supplied in the Media Package is O2 not Virgin.

If that is the case you have to go with what O2 call a migration. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @bobgodbold, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issue trying to port the phone number over from O2, to ourselves.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll look into this for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm under the impression that the SIM supplied in the Media Package is O2 not Virgin.

If that is the case you have to go with what O2 call a migration. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks