Thanks  Roy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobiwire Oneida Preditive Texting

My understanding is pressing the * key selects the input type T9 is predictive text

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks for reply. Can you be a bit more informative at what point do I press * 

on start up  *  opens Contacts

By Opening Messaging  *  Does nothing

with Messaging open  -  New Message *  gives line of symbols   at bottom of screen * is left Symbol

with Messaging open  -  Settings - Text Msg (Sms) * does nothing

I have talked with a local  phone shop Engineer  He could not find any way to turn  of predictive text

May I explain I am An OAP (80) with diminished eye sight hence the reason I don't like predictive text

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I believe you do a short press of the * key when you have nothing open on the phone.

Only going one what I have been told. So may be wrong

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks for reply, I tried your suggestion.  What a strange method of formatting,  with a new message selected, if I press key numbered 4 once  it inserts g into the message screen also I get a bar across the bottom of screen giving  a selection  g h i  G H I 4 from which to select. if I press key 4 twice  to get the letter h  I get his and Predictive words across the bottom of the screen   . This answers a question about over size phones I have received  details of over the past year, which  had large numbers. It seems I need to relearn how to format text messages.  I don't think that predictive texting can be turned off its just how the keys are used.                           Thank you for your assistance 

0 Kudos