cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile signal

FLETCH60
Joining in

No mobile signal in my post code area since early afternoon (16/5). All virgin website says is that they know there is an issue. No timescale for repair, restoration of signal. Hugely frustrating unable to receive or make contact with anyone. Never had a problem prior to virgin joining with O2. Are virgin liable to pay compensation for denial of service ?

7 REPLIES 7

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi FLETCH60,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Many apologies for the issues faced, as advised the team are aware of an issue with our mobile service and are working to get it resolved.

Currently there is no estimated fix time however the team are working on this.

Regards,

Kain

FLETCH60
Joining in

Thank you for your quick response. Appreciated. 

No problem! Thank you for your patience whilst we get things sorted. 
Please do keep us updated if anything changes so we can continue to offer support if needed. 

Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly

This is now ridiculous. EIGHTEEN hours have now elapsed with no mobile service. I am unable to leave my property and have to rely heavily on my mobile to keep in touch. Saying engineers are on it doesn't cut it. How long does it take to identify the problem and rectify it ? No updates provided at all. Dreadful level of customer service I'm sorry to say.    

Morning Fletch60 👋 thank you for getting back to us. Sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with your mobile service! Just a few questions so we can best offer further support if needed;

1) Have you tried rebooting the handset?

2) is there still any outage showing 👉 https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker

3) Is the issue just happening in your home, or are you also experiencing issues elsewhere?

Let us know and we will do our best to continue offering help. Thank you for your patience in the meantime! We appreciate service issues can be frustrating. 🌞

Molly

Rebooting the phone allowed my phone to show 2 bars on signal strength. O2 checker shows no outages known, whilst your own website indicates a mast problem. I have no idea whether the issue is occurring elsewhere. However, notwithstanding, having a weak signal is better than none, although not ideal. Thank you for your response.

Thank you for getting back to us! Glad to hear the reboot was able to kickstart things so you have some signal again. 

We hope this continues to improve! 
Let us know if there are further issues you need our support with in future and we will be happy to help!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly