Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mobile signal

Since receiving new sim card my mobile signal at home has went from 4 bars to 1 or 2 bars meaning that phone calls cut out or do not connect properly or do not connect at all. Is this new sim card supposed to be an improvement?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile signal

Hi tpow06,

Thanks for your post. Did you go from a red SIM to a purple one? If so, the change would be required due to our changes with our mobile network infrastructure. Having a new SIM may require resetting your network connection if you have an iPhone or a manual network search on Android phones.For more info on how to do this, click here, https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey thanks for your response. I have tried turning off automatic selection of network on my phone and then re-selecting auto selection but this does not improve the signal. As I said in my first post the signal was ok with the previous sim but the latest sim does not give the same level of signal.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for checking this, can you please confirm if there's any coverage issues showing in your area on our coverage page?

Does the signal stay low or does this decrease when you make calls?

Can you please check our phone fix link as well just in case any of this can improve this.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emily the signal for my area is showing as very good on 2, 3 and 4g but still only 1 or 2 bars on the phone. I also have a work phone which runs on Vodafone which also has only 1 or 2 bars and also gives me issues when making or receiving calls. The signal remains low at all times. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming this for us, I think the best thing to try to solve this would be to send out a replacement SIM card for you.

To do this I'm going to pop you over a private message now if you could please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

• Ok thanks Emily
0 Kudos