cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile signal drop

swazer161
On our wavelength

Over the last few days, my phone and my wife's has dropped to 1 bar or no signal. Any ideas why this should have happened? 

12 REPLIES 12

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@swazer161 could be a local mast issue or a change of your carrier from EE to Vodafone.

Have you made any recent changes to your VM mobile accounts?

I recently switched from VM PAYG to a VM monthly contract which led to a change from EE to Vodafone resulting in a drop in signal strength to one bar according to my phone.  However, this has not led to any degradation in service.

Have a look at this thread to see how to check if your carrier has changed:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Mobile-signal-has-vanished/td-p/4886212/jump-to/f...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have not changed any service. Both our phones are down to no signal or one bar. 

Hello swazer161

Sorry to hear of the mobile signal issues being experienced by both your wife and yourself, we appreciate the confusion this can cause.

Using the details used to sign up to the forum I've been able to locate a number and postcode. From checking the coverage checker here 2G, 3G and 4G all show good signal both indoors and outdoors in that area.

Do you experience these issues at home or in multiple locations? 

Rob

Just put both our phones on 2g only rather than auto and 3 bars have come back on. It's strange because we have been able to be on 3g/4g before. Signal is better outside. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That coverage checker is Vodafone. Many customers are still on EE 

Go here 

https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee

Put in your postcode and a phone type and PRESS THE CHECK STATUS BUTTON

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

swazer161
On our wavelength

I have done that but when you go through the process it asks you for a phone number and then it says that it doesn't recognise it as an EE number. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No. I use it for people all the time. You only need a phone number to get updates

Enter Postcode Put phone type in and go straight to pressing CHECK Status.

If you are stuck PM me a nearby post code and I'll check both EE and Vodafone for you

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

swazer161
On our wavelength

Says there is no problems. Seen on the forum some others are having problems with signal drop out. When will we be switched to Vodaphone? 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@swazer161 wrote:

Says there is no problems. Seen on the forum some others are having problems with signal drop out. When will we be switched to Vodaphone? 

Who knows. Technically the deal with EE finishes very early next year but they are never going to switch 3.5 million customers overnight.

It's easy to check which network you are on by doing a manual network search. If EE is visable and Vodafone is not then you have been switched.