Menu
Sammy_g43
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile service not working and am unable to contact virgin

My mobile service randomly stopped working for no apparent reason. I was just listening to a podcast and it randomly cut out. Now instead of my usual 3-4 bars of service and 4g it just says searching (I am on IOS iPhone 6).

I am unable to make or receive phone calls which makes me unable to call virgin support. 

The general support on their website is frankly useless.

To make matters worse, I have not used my mobile account in a long time and appear to have forgotten the password. Not a big deal though right? just change the password. Well in order to do that I need to send a code to my phone....which doesn't work....great design. Surely it would be wise to offer to send the code to the email address on my account in the event that the phone is inaccessible?

Anyways can anyone advise me on the best course of action as I have tried all of my own troubleshooting and research on the issue to no avail and I am seemingly cut off from virgin support.

This is essentially a last-ditch attempt to get this resolve this issue or try and get the attention of their support team

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile service not working and am unable to contact virgin

What type of SIM do you have? The old all white one or the one displaying a purple band (issued since Dec 2017)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sammy_g43
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have the one with the purple strip and the logo

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sammy -g43, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your service and getting in to your online account. 

As a few days have now passed, can you please confirm if you are stilling experiencing this issue? 

If so, please let me know and I will be happy to assist. 

Thanks

Nat
0 Kudos