Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mobile recycling payment not received

I am having problems in relation to payment for an old handset (iPhone 5S) which was recycled as part of a deal for a new iPhone 7. Reading older posts I can see this seems not uncommon. I have tried the 0345 413 7137 number as advised by the help desk. This has the standard message of 'all operators are busy' and then continues to ring constantly. I guess the recycling service is run by a third party, but it is disappointing to be promised the money will be paid within 3 working days. I have the email confirming the phone has been checked and that the money (£120) will be paid, the mail also confirms my bank account no. Can anyone advise when the money will be paid.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile recycling payment not received

Hello Ribbleman22, 

Welcome to our community forum page, it's great to have you on board. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you haven't received payment for trading in your iPhone 5S. 

Please can you confirm what date you received the email which confirmed the payment would be made to you within 3 days? 

Dean C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your response. I received the email on 6th.Sept.The order no.ref. is 32-14141-BA52, if that is of any help.

I have been looking through the t's&c's of these trade-in deals and hidden away there is a reference that payment can 

take up to 28 days. If that is the case the emails being sent out are very misleading.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Ribbleman22.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ribbleman22

You can refer this to the specific team which is detailed here

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Gareth,

Thanks for your response. Having read through again the details of the 'mobile recycle terms and conditions' and the specific details of the cashback awards for the various phone types it states the following: 'Once your claim has been validated via the online redemption process the cashback* (the Reward) will be paid to your bank account within 28 business days'.

Therefore I think I should just wait for that period to end and hopefully the money will appear!  I do think that the emails that are being sent out suggesting the money will be paid shortly are somewhat misleading. If they just stated the fact that it will up to 28 days for the money to appear all the aggravation and time wasting would be avoided. Not sure who this could be directed to review or amend?

Anyway, thanks to Gareth and Dean for your help.

Regards,

Ribbleman22

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Further to the above conversations, last week I did send an email to info@virginmobilerecycle.co.uk, as suggested by Gareth, and received a prompt reply, my query being passed to accounts dept. The payment was paid to my account this morning, so success! Note: The payment appears as 'West One Technology' on your bank statement.

Thanks once again Gareth and Dean.

Regards,

Ribbleman22

0 Kudos