Menu
TheSaint76
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Mobile phone signal

Hi new to this forum. Was advised to join by Virgin after reporting a problem on their fb page. Hopefully things will get sorted. My problem is I have a very poor or non-existent phone signal. I have reported it to Virgin on numerous occasions via 150, 789. I have rung EE (shop as no number available to complain) who are the network providers .Who told me to contact Virgin. Tried  to fill in EE complaint form but wouldn't register as mobile number is Virgin. I have checked both EE network checker and Ofcoms network checker nearly every day. EE says NO PROBLEM. But Ofcom say there is NO INDOOR SERVICE AND OUTDOOR IS LIMITED. As I said in my fb posts I believe Ofcom because if there was no problem why would I be reporting a problem. Virgin told me to ##02# my phone but that didn't work. I have posted pictures of the Ofcom area map which shows there is no service. So now I've join this forum as told for help. I like many others need my phone during this time of pandemic to contact loved ones (90 year old parent). This is not only effecting me, but other people in my area who use the EE network. This as been going on now for several months. There is nothing wrong with my mobile it work fine when I'm at work and out of my home area. My wife also Virgin same problem. Virgin said go to 5G waste of time as it's not in my area. 

ALL I'M ASKING IS GET ENGINEERS OUT LOOK AT THE EVIDENCES ON THE OFCOM CHECKER PAGE, BELIEVE YOUR CUSTOMERS WHEN THEY REPORT A PRBLEM AND FINALLY GET IT FIXED.

I've been a customer for many years with TV. Broadband, House phone and Mobile. I pay my bills by DD, but at present I'm paying for a mobile service that you and EE are not providing. PLEASE PLEASE sort this out.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile phone signal

Sorry to hear that however Virgin are not responsible for the network they just rent airtime. They can't send raidio network engineers out for the simple reason they don't have any.  

Virgin are in the process of leaving EE and moving over to Vodafone. CS when saying move to 5G it would mean that you would be moved to the  Vodafone network.

All customers will be moved over by the first quarter next year, but more likely by the end of this.

What is the Vodafone coverage like in your area? Worth checking.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JoeKing1VM
Superfast
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TheSaint76 welcome Trust me Virgin Customer services has a lot to answer for. Are you a new Virgin mobile customer, if not how long has this lack of signal being going on for?

Virgin have and are migrating onto Vodafone network and regardless what Vodafone or Virgin coverage check tells you, you may well not be receiving the services you would expect. If you're a new customer to the mobile or had an sim upgrade or even a sim replacement your services are more likely to be provided by Virgin/Vodafone and not Virgin /EE.

Other factors may be maintenance work, network damage, handset.

While all this still does not help you it's worth pointing out to have a look through this forum at other topics. While it may not display that many happy customers it clearly shows there's a common practice within Virgin Media of BS. 

Joe

0 Kudos
TheSaint76
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for quick reply, I didn't know Virgin didn't have network engineers. I know Virgin use the EE network but I would think that if their customers have a problem with the network they use, they should be in contact with EE to fix the problem. this should be a contractual right. As far as I'm concerned I'm paying Virgin for a service that them and their partners EE are not providing. I know Virgin are joining with Vodafone and CS wanted me to change tariff. So all customers will be moved by 1st quarter next year, but hopefully by end of this. In the meantime I have no service and yet i pay. Vodafone seems ok in this area. Many thanks again for your assistance in this.
0 Kudos
TheSaint76
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe, thanks for welcome. The answer to your questions, I've been with Virgin for Years even when it was NTL. I've had a mobile with them for over 20+ years. The last sim update was 2016/17. Handset works perfectly out of area. I truly think that as they are leaving EE they can't be bothered to get the problem looked at and EE probably aren't interested either. Now I'm on the forum I will look through it with interest.
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Even if EE are not worried about Virgin customers they would be worried about their own.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

virgin moblie changed to vodafone network last year since bt buy out EE network

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Oomph bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@DavidJWalker wrote:
virgin moblie changed to vodafone network last year since bt buy out EE network

They started moving people in April. The bulk of Virgin customers are still on EE

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

my recommand is people to ring up and get a new sim card they will do this don't hang around waiting for new sim cards if they have old sim cards thats still linked to EE new onces are linked to vodafone

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Oomph bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
TheSaint76
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I would certainly hope so. But as i said neighbours I have spoken too, who are with EE have the same problem and still nothing seem to be happening.
0 Kudos