Menu
Princess_26
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Mobile phone recycling - complaint

On August 8th my old Samsung S7 was received at the Virgin recycling team & ,according to the website,I should have been paid for my old phone in 24 hours,after upgrading to a new S9.this was.

On 15th August I received a response to my support ticket I opened:

“You should receive the refund within the next few days”

Nothing.

After receiving a text message on 22nd August stating that my money would be transferred in to my bank account within 3 days,nothing was credited into my account.

And from yet another support ticket opened on 21st August:

“you should receive it within the next few days.

Nothing.

I sent message after message to Virgin recycling team,as well as numerous phone calls...

This was from  Friday 31st August : 

“I apologies for the delay of this email. We are aware of the situation, you should receive the money into your bank account until Monday.”

(Monday being yesterday,the 3rd September).

Well,it is now TUESDAY 4th September and I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED PAYMENT of £200.50 for my Samsung S7 which was delivered to Virgin on 8th August.

"The Reward will be paid to your bank account within 28 days of us receiving your phone "  

"4. Get paid by Faster Payment direct to your bank account."

Fast payment 

I am fed up with being fobbed off with lies & excuses,I cannot wait for this to be over with,it is nothing but a joke.

Bobstheone
Tuning in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile phone recycling - complaint

Hi,I am being fobbed off with the exact story as you. Was told my payment had failed also and that they were putting it in on Monday 3/9. Haven't received anything so far. One very abrupt person on the phone said they were passing it to accounts and then put the phone down on me. Emailing is a joke....takes at least 3 days for any kind of reply. 

What is going on? I bet there are a few of us in the same situation. Not happy at all.

0 Kudos
Princess_26
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Exactly what I was told last Friday,that it would be in my account by Monday....it is now Wednesday and NOTHING!

I did think that they were holding out until the end of the month (August) so that they accrued the month's extra interest, so I stupidly believed that my payment would probably have been transferred once September arrived, but no!

I wonder if Virgin would be as patient with me if I withheld my monthly instalment to them....if I just kept telling them that they should get their money "in the next few days"?

Somehow I doubt it.

Next stop,the Ombudsman....

0 Kudos
Bobstheone
Tuning in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone help us out with our predicament? 

We seem to be stuck and can't get a clear answer on this from anyone.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Princess_26
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have today emailed the CEO Tom Mockridge regarding my complaint.

Martinbrennan
Tuning in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem. I was told on the 4th that the payment would be in my account the next day, 12 days later and nothing.  

They really don't care about their customers anymore.  All they care about is extracting more money from us.

Obviously they have no problem taking payments from us on time for new services and only seem to have delays making good on their commitment to pay us.

To add insult to injury the phone number on the recycling website is invalid. They haven't even bothered  answering my email yet.

Good luck everyone.

Princess_26
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I emailed the CEO and eventually got a reply & it was resolved and I did get my money after someone else phoned up from Virgin to get it sorted.

Bobstheone
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I'm still waiting. I also emailed CEO but have had no response. 

As for for virgin recycle....5 responses all saying the same thing ....'Sorry,will are trying to catch up'. Totally useless. I don't know where else to try. 

Anybody have any idea where or who to contact next?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Martinbrennan
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Glad you got it resolved , there is hope yet.

What is the email address of the CEO?

I will give that a try 

0 Kudos
Princess_26
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, In case this doesn't allow me to include the email address for the CEO (previously would not allow it!) the CEO is Tom Mockridge: you can google the name and it gives the details.

Do you have the phone number for the recycle team at Virgin? Have you phoned them? It took me FIVE WEEKS to get a result,so just keep hassling them. In the end,it turned out that the administration team were just waiting for customers who hadn't received their payment to contact them! Because they did not know who had been paid and who hadn't......allegedly! It's a joke! Good luck - I hope you get results ASAP.

[MOD EDIT: Email address removed ]

0 Kudos