Menu
RBro2021
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Mobile no shows as International when calling Landlines

Hi,

Ever since joining Virgin I have experienced an issue where when I call Landlines my number appears as an International call to the person receiving the call.

When I call mobile numbers my number is displayed correctly.

This is causing issues as people are not picking up my calls due to it showing as an International call at their end.

If you call 1471 on the landline phone the person gets the message that "we do not have the number of the person who has called'.

My phone is an Oppo Find X2 Lite however this doesn't appear to be handed related as I have tried my SIM in an unlocked phone and receive the same experience.

I have been sent a replacement SIM but this hasn't solved my woes.

Has anybody experienced this?

Can anybody suggest a fix?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
sutt359
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile no shows as International when calling Landlines

Is it showing as +44 at the beginning?

0 Kudos
RBro2021
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No. When I call there is no number displayed on anybody's landline.

I Did have to manually add my number within the SIM settings and entered it with a 07 rather than +44

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello @RBro2021,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry that you are having issues.

Please can you clarify if it is it mobile or landline issue? Is it your own landline or other landlines? Any difference with vm? What about BT ones for example (landlines not with us)

Look forward to you response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RBro2021
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Hayley.

It appears to happen when I dial any landline.

I will say however I have only tried landlines within my City, Hull, and we have our own Telecoms provider, KCOM so can't say whether this happens when I dial a BT, Virgin landline.

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us, 

Would you mind trying ringing a landline that is not in your city eg: out of Hull just to see if there are any issues with this. 

This way we will be able to get a further indication on the issue. 

Once you have done that would you mind updating us please 🙂

Thanks

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RBro2021
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Morning,

Unexpectedly I have just dialled a friend who lives in Bradford, and has a Sky landline, and my number displayed fine!

Could there be some sort of compatibility issue with Virgin mobiles calling KCOM (Hull) landlines?

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

H RBro2021, 

Thanks for coming back to us to confirm this. 

Another thing I need you to try would be to get your friend, who is in Hull to see if any other Virgin Media landlines have the same issue or whether it is just yours. They can do this by asking another friend who is on Virgin Media to try calling them to see if their number is displayed. 

Pop back and let us know how that goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
RBro2021
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Unfortunately no one else in my friends/family has a Virgin Landline or mobile so I can't try this step.

One thing I will highlight is that I spoke the KCOM helpline and it looks like it may be a known issue. Here is the response I received

Hi there, this is an issue that is being investigated by us already but i would be really happy to take your details of this and pass it along as an example! We believe it to be an issue outside KCOM remit however we do have a few of the same issue reported that is being looked into.

I'm not sure where I can raise this as a concern as it looks like it may not be a simple resolution.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi RBro2021, 

Thanks again for coming back to us on this one. 

I was actually about to message you when you replied. One of our mods have been looking further in to this for you and they have confirmed this isn't a Virgin Mobile issue. It's an issue between KCOM and BT's landline network and the routing. KCOM apparently are already speaking to BT about it and this seems to be in agreement with what you have posted. 

As far as it being outside of their remit, that will be decided by the outcome of their investigations. 

For now, I would send your details over to them as suggested to see what the outcome may be. Please keep us posted on any developments 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos