cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile network

Kevano57
Joining in

Why is virgins mobile network absolutely not fit for purpose, they want you to join then when you do you get a service that to put it politely (crap ) . In one location, surrounded by so called (hotspots) can’t get a signal for mobile data or phone , should have stayed with o2 but that was the same , absolutely the worst I’ve ever had, roll on new sim day .!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

'I've been advised by those higher up that everyone is on O2'

And rubbish it is '2', (without the 'O')  (perhaps it should be called 'O no' not O2, as in 'oh no, no signal! 😆)

Signal was bad when VM switched from EE to Voda, now, it's even worse!! 

With G being shut down, I can't even drop down to 3G when there is no 4G signal...

Gone to '3', and get max signal everywhere, when 02 was lucky to get 2 bars!! (and bonus free 5g too for LESS than VM/02 4G prices as well) 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Mobile uses O2.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kevano57

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your signal.

Our network is now being operated via O2, if you're still on the Virgin network you would be migrated over very shortly. What does our coverage checker advise here

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've been advised by those higher up that everyone is on O2 and Vodafone is now defunct

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

'I've been advised by those higher up that everyone is on O2'

And rubbish it is '2', (without the 'O')  (perhaps it should be called 'O no' not O2, as in 'oh no, no signal! 😆)

Signal was bad when VM switched from EE to Voda, now, it's even worse!! 

With G being shut down, I can't even drop down to 3G when there is no 4G signal...

Gone to '3', and get max signal everywhere, when 02 was lucky to get 2 bars!! (and bonus free 5g too for LESS than VM/02 4G prices as well) 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HughJarsse wrote:

To the contrary - CSFB, by design, works to either 2G or 3G depending on network config. In some cases the same operator will have different config in different areas.

O2 is the only major network to have not announced any firm dates for 3G switchoff.

My O2 signal often reverts to 3G, think I live in a blind spot.

Always been content with Virgin but the partnership with O2 doesn’t work for me.

Just waiting for my contract to end so that I can move to EE or 3 which I know work at my location.

Hi @Lester61 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of any signal issues. Is anything listed here 👉 https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker 

Keep us posted.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Kevano57
Joining in

We’ll time has come to move to another provider, still no signal or mobile data service in certain locations even though I’m next to a major mast , even at home the signal drops in and out , brought this up a while ago , still no better, bye bye 👋 

Hi @Kevano57 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with your mobile service and as a result are now wishing to leave. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R