cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data - very slow

Korzeniewska
Joining in

My mobile data is very slow doesn't matter where I am and what phone I use. This happens since I started using the sim card first time. Settings in phone are fine and my partner got the same problem with his virgin sim card. How can i solved this? I can barely watch YouTube. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Korzeniewska, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're finding the Mobile Data speed slow. Can you check here to see how the coverage is?

If it's showing as good then you can find further help here

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

33 REPLIES 33

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Korzeniewska, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're finding the Mobile Data speed slow. Can you check here to see how the coverage is?

If it's showing as good then you can find further help here

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

parxuk
On our wavelength

Just came here to ask the same question.

Since the last 6 weeks or so my data connection is appallingly slow. This can be both around the local area where I live, or 20 miles away where I work (it isnt confined to 1 area). More often than used to happen, I notice I am on 3G or H+, even when it's 4G i'm lucky to get 4MB speed. I used to get 40MB. This is also the case with my wifes virgin sim in her iphone (I have a pixel).

I wondered if there was something wrong with my SIM so called customer services. They told me that mid June I had been moved to the o2 network, and that I would require a new sim.

Well guess what? new sim and no difference, still 4MB. This is completely unaceptable and personally I will be cancelling the 4 x virgin sim contracts that my family have and going elsewhere.

The Virgin/o2 merger is a bad deal for the customer.

cje85
Trouble shooter

O2 is chronically slow in lots of areas and very often comes last against EE, Three and Vodafone in speed tests. 

In some areas the O2 coverage checker warns that the network is "very busy" and suggests using WiFi instead!

The coverage check shows all right in my area but also shows that the network is "very busy" in my area and suggests using Wi-Fi! but my data is slow even when I am about 100 miles away from my home.

O2's slow speeds are a widespread problem. To be fair they are slowly improving but it will take years for them to catch up with their rivals.

Before, I had a SIM card from Three and the data rate was fine so I'm thinking of going back to Three and getting a new SIM because it was much better than what I have now.

hz
On our wavelength

I think I have the crown for slowest data speed at the moment.

.Screenshot_20**:**:**:**:**:**-221_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hi hz,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you are not receiving the speeds you expect Via your Mobile data, are there any known issues showing here?

Regards

Paul.

hz
On our wavelength

Hiya,

Just a generic "Our network can get very busy in this area" message which doesn't help anything or anyone.