cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data settings - Virgin certificate expired

yachts99
Tuning in

Just installed new SIM on Apple iPhone 8+ and have noticed that the certificate for the data settings is showing as expired.

Settings->General->VPN & Device Management->Virgin Mobile data settings->More Details->Signed Certificates [www.virginmedia.co.uk - "Expired 23 June 2022"].

I have been advised by tech support to reset the network settings and this will expired message will change. It has not.

Anyone know why the virgin media certificate has expired and not renewed automatically?

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Maybe to do with the move onto O2

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry not sure what you mean? Do you think it is a certificate that is no longer required but is still on my phone?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @yachts99,

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear you're seeing an Expired Certificate error. Rest assured, this does not have any affect on your service. It is simply to ensure that the Apple profile downloaded, is coming from a trusted source - in this case, us (Virgin Media).

I'm going to flag this to our Security and App Team to re-sign this profile with a proper, updated certificate. Thanks for letting us know of this issue, we'll reach back out once we've had confirmation this has been sorted.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Resolved.
I requested new APN settings via text ("ALL to 789922) and tried to install the profile provided by the link in the received text. The new configuration wouldn't install until I removed the old (unverified) profile.
Once that was removed the new profile installed and is now showing the certificate as being "verified".

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @yachts99,

You beat me to it! We have received confirmation that the certificate assigned to the profile has now been updated and is now valid/verified - cheers for confirming things are sorted.

If you need anything else, feel free to pop back to us 🙂

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ