Menu
fist101
Up to speed
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Mobile coverage

On caravan parks no VM cover at all even thogh map says there is, Had iphone 8 and always had poor coverage so got Samsung A51 and still no coverage, latest test was Southport caravan park PR8 1RX, my Talk mobile signal if full. Even tried putting sim into mu S10 but still no signal.

Followed all instructions online and even got new sim, tried again and still no cover? 

VM instructions poor as blame phone but can't see how its the phone when other sims work fine and 3 different phones tested.

I have Oomph package but not much use if can't use data, can't I cancel? Had about 2 months now 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile coverage

There is a fault at present. I know where you are and have to say coverage is not the best.

• EE users may have access to 800Mhz 4G in that location which would improve things but that is not available to Virgin

https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee

Screenshot_20201229-165054_Chrome.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
fist101
Up to speed
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

How come no VM staff have answers but if I write SERVIVE IS **bleep** they will be on in 2 minutes
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

This is a community forum, mainly member to member with some input from Virgin. It is not front line support.

The mods who edit posts are not technical staff and are there simply to make sure posts keep to forum rules.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@enlli wrote:

There is a fault at present. I know where you are and have to say coverage is not the best.

• EE users may have access to 800Mhz 4G in that location which would improve things but that is not available to Virgin

There is (very good) EE 800Mhz coverage in that area.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon @fist101

Sorry if you're still having mobile issues at that location? 

As our VIP advised, this is a Community forum; we allow our community to step in and assist first and foremost - a staff member will only pop along if the Community are not able to assist you or if more technical advise may be needed.

I have checked the postcode you have provided and even though there are a couple of masts in the vicinity that have had some work over the last few days, there are still a further 3 masts that are working with no issues. When checking the coverage, it is showing to be Good - Very Good. 

Are you still having signal issues? Do you have issues with data and signal or one or the other? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fist101
Up to speed
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I understand its not first line of support but only place you can go to get a member of VM to answer, phoned and left on the line for over an hour and then disconects, 3 times this has happened, filled in online form and waited over a month with no reply, as for you comment "The mods who edit posts are not technical staff and are there simply to make sure posts keep to forum rules" I beg to differ

0 Kudos
fist101
Up to speed
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

As stated in my original comment it is loss of signal and no data because no signal, you say signal there then you need to get someone to take a walk, I checked again last weekend during my exercise period and definatly no signal, using Samsung S10 & A51, usued to have iphone 8 and that never got signal anywhere I went and reason for getting rid but seems its VM, can not get a signal in my house either, 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi fist101

Apologies the signal issue hasn't resolved itself, have you checked their website for a coverage check to see if that issue in the original screenshot is ongoing?

You can cancel the SIM, however because you're on the OOMPH plan, your other discounts would be lost as the SIM comes with it and you don't actually pay separate for the SIM

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
fist101
Up to speed
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John, It seems a few of the caravan parks we stay at has no signal, was in Shropshire before lockdown and that was the same even though your map says there is coverage, I think what they do is stick a mast up, check signal in town and then say that's fine?
0 Kudos