Menu
Hayley72
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mobile contract upgrade issue

Hi , I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.  For many years I have had three mobile contracts with Virgin, for myself, my son and my daughter. I have been with Virgin for a good 20 years, never missed a payment or had a late payment and I have no bad credit. Today when I tried to upgrade one of my phones, as the contract has just finished, I was told after doing the credit checks that they would not be able to offer me that contract for the Samsung phone I want, which is for £28 per month, but offered me an Oppo phone that I don't want. I was very annoyed about this as I have no problem affording the contract, it is only  £5 per month more than the one I have been paying for the last 2 years!  Anyway, they told me this is down to Equifax as they only go by the info on there. I signed up to Equifax and cannot see any reason why I shouldn't have got the contract as there's nothing bad on there. Equifax say on their website that it is down to individual companies if they refuse you a contract. I wonder what other criteria Virgin are taking into account to still refuse me when I have a good credit record.

Anyhow, as I was checking Equifax I also noticed that they have my old address from two addresses ago as the address for my virgin contracts rather than where I currently live. This makes no sense to me as two of my contracts were set up last year under my current address. There isn't even a good reason why the contracts would be in that old address. When I did my last upgrade, I had an ongoing problem with not receiving the packaging they were meant to send me to send back a phone. This went on for months, and I was told by Brightstar that they had this old address on the system Virgin had given them and had been sending packaging there, even though I had updated it. When I complained to Virgin about this, they said they had no knowledge of an old address on the system relating to my contracts. So I am a bit stuck if they are insisting they don't have an old address for me on their system, yet on Equifax I can see for myself that my phone contracts are being related to my old address. Anyone know what I can do about this? Sorry about the long post!

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile contract upgrade issue

Good afternoon @Hayley72 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting an upgrade for your phone. 

With regards to the handsets the credit grades and limits are set via Equifax, they are also the company that provide us with the credit checks. 

Did you manage to speak with our mobile team regarding the accounts? Are they the ones that have advised that the account is at your old address? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Hayley72
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak

Thanks for responding. I haven't managed to speak to anyone about the address issue yet, I just saw on Equifax after I signed up to it today that it states the address underneath each contract and each one says an address I haven't lived at for two years, even the new contracts I began last December.

With regards to the limits on contracts for handsets, I realise it doesn't matter what I say as nothing will change this,  but I just think it is a bit wrong as I have always had three contracts with Virgin, never defaulted on anything and this new one is only £5 difference in price to what I had before. I just don't understand why I am suddenly considered a credit risk when I have never been one.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Having been in the same situation with a mobile handset myself I completely understand the frustration this has caused. 

I can take a look over the accounts and make sure they are set up at the correct address for you? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Hayley72
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Zak, what would you need from me to be able to check it out?

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ill pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos