Menu
CW2021
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Mobile cancelled immediately when called to provide 30 day notice

Evening all,

I don't often find the need to post onto boards and apologies if this is the wrong section to vent on.

This afternoon I called virgin media on behalf of my elderly father to provide the requested 30days notice for ending his mobile phone contract, which he has had for several years - fear not it was only £10/month, hence why he has let it run.

After going around in circles with the lady regarding if I was authorised to make changes to the account, even after my father confirmed and provided answers to the security question, finally she accepted that I could speak with her. My request was simple, the plan automatically renews in January, my father wished to stop this from happening and an email stated he must give notice. I explained politely to the lady that this was the reason for the call, and during the first part of the month my father would use the time to update friends, relatives etc of change. She informed me that she was putting notes to that effect on the account.

All seemed to be going ok, until the very end when she asked me to confirm the decision to cancel the contract at that time in January. I agreed and confirmed that was the decision made and to proceed with not renewing.

Immediately after saying this the call cut off and after a few attempts to call out and in, I have found that she has cancelled the contract immediately and not when was agreed. This means that many very important contacts of my father now will be unable to contact him, including his doctor and family!!

Annoyed, disgusted and angry are emotions that jump to mind at this service. How in the modern age is this poor level of customer service even possible. A gently rant some may say, however, I would love to have a response from someone at Virgin to explain how this obvious error occured.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile cancelled immediately when called to provide 30 day notice

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums. CW2021,

I'm very sorry to hear that you have had this experience and that the mobile service was cancelled. Unfortunately, we would not have a reason or explanation as to why it occurred as we were not privy to your conversation. Regrettably if the number is cancelled, there will be no way to reactivate the service. If you would like me to confirm the account status, I can send you a PM, but it does sound like it's been deactivated..

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos