Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile account charged after years of inactivity

I kept my sim card when I left london 2017 and have not used it since. I was called once and offered a service with a free allowance but I never used it. Also there is no credit card associated with my account as I canceled my bank account in UK. While I'm in new Zealand I suddenly get charged 7 gbp a month since march and have not been able to contact costumer service about it. I assume that the free allowance I have is now 7 gbp but I was never asked about that nor am I using it. Today I managed to request a stac code online to delete the account but I would like them to delete the debt that's on the account. All the call center numbers don't work when I call over Skype.. Not sure how I can solve it. Please can I get an email adress? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile account charged after years of inactivity

Hopefully a VM forum member will be along to progress this for you. Sadly for a communications company, they don't use email externally.

Reading between the lines, they have most likely retired the tariff that you were on before and moved you on to another tariff that's £7/month

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, Paul. I really don't know how to get hold of them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Byfelicia

Sorry to hear of the recent mobile bills and confusion caused. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us via the forum and welcome to the community.

From what you have advised it would appear that you have recently been migrated to a new SIM card, if the deal you were on previously was no longer available we would have automatically moved you to the nearest tariff available.

This would appear to be £7 per month based on what you have said. How long are you in New Zealand for?

Rob

0 Kudos