Menu
JRG49
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Upgrade Frustration! (Long story Zzzzz)

Where to start?  Currently very much regretting accepting a recent upgrade, problems with delivery, firstly not out for delivery when first stated so too late before going away for a week.  Then, having rearranged for delivery the following week, Yodel system showed delivery to be about 130 of about 166 so we waited all day, my wife taking the day off and missed a special engagement that I was involved in that she hoped to go to had the delivery been made by then. 

Around 6.30pm there were about 7 deliveries to go, 7pm and no sign but thought I heard and then saw a van in the road (a cul de sac) that turned round and drove off.  Checked the status to see that driver could not locate address! My feeling is he was in such a hurry to complete his round by then that he couldn't even stop to check numbering of house (all consecutive as opposed to odds and evens on opposite sides). 

After a bit of complaining to Yodel on line and via Virgin complaints on line, the package was sent out again the next day, no info other than the drivers name. I had explained we would need delivery either first thing or after five as we could not be sure if someone would be at home for remainder of the week.  Next thing I hear that package has been delivered just after midday when no one was in. Package left outside behind a pot plant so no signature as would normally be required for a mobile phone. 

OK great that I finally received it but not impressed with how things went obviously.

Now have the phone and have been gradually figuring out how to switch things over and trying to get the hang of this finger print security access thing. Thankfully you get the option to enter a pin as a back up other wise the phone might of got damaged, shall we say.

My main issue now is trying to use the phone for calls, texts and internet when no wifi available? It says I need to connect to a network but how?  I have tried going through every possible link, settings and tried a number of attempts to call Virgin but that's proved absolutely futile - grrrr.  I see on the Virgin website that I should locate Mobile Network under Connections but my new phone (Galaxy A41) does not have that anywhere????  This is driving me nuts. My old phone I could go to Data Usage and switch the network access under there but I can't find anything on this new phone?

My only thought is that I have still got my old phone enabled but I am loathe to desable it until I can be sure I can use my new phone - I don't want to be without it as it will be a disaster. 

Hopefully some kind soul will be able to advise on this latest issue otherwise I really fear for the phone and my own well being?

Thanks in advance 

John G                  

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Upgrade Frustration! (Long story Zzzzz)

OK. So it is an upgrade. Did they send you a SIM card with the phone?

If not then the usual procedure is to use the SIM from the old phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JRG49
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ahh OK thanks, obviously didnt think of that. Certainly didnt come with a new sim so Ive put the old one in the new phone. Things started happening including a msgs from virgin presumably triggered by the above mentioned sim so it looks like it's all working, including mobile date switch as before.
I'm wondering though, should I not of received a new sim with the new phone? My wife did with her upgraded phone, we've just checked. I really feel out of my depth with this, must be my age.
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think it depends on how it is handled by the agent, but the default position is to use the old card.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

JRG49
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. May be it's me but there doesn't appear to be anything on line or in the box or on emails received, that explain you need to transfer the old SIM over to the new phone? Also, will that mean I will continue to pay the same monthly usage amount contrary to that quoted for the upgrade which was slightly cheaper? It wouldn't be a big deal financially but it would be another questionable point of principle.
0 Kudos
JRG49
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Checking closely at my account page it does say the plan cost changes in early Oct so I guess all is correct. Thanks again for your help - much appreciated!
0 Kudos