Menu
ByronT
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Sim Swap on older Sagem

Hi there, my Mum has recently received a new sim as instructed by Virgin and is having a problem with her Sagem my220x.  When she attempts to enter the pin (7890) it says it is incorrect and obviously she is anxious that her phone will be locked if she tries too many times.  Any thoughts as to why the pin isn't working?  Can she keep using her old sim or will it expire at some point?  The phone has always been on Virgin pay as you go if that helps.

Many thanks for any help in advance!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Sim Swap on older Sagem

Hi ByronT

Thanks for posting, my colleague has sent you a PM so please reply to that and we'll assist further 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
thorn
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, my Mum has recently received a new sim as instructed by Virgin and is having a problem with her Sagem my220x. When she attempts to enter the pin (7890) it says it is incorrect and obviously she is anxious that her phone will be locked if she tries too many times. Any thoughts as to why the pin isn't working? Can she keep using her old sim or will it expire at some point? The phone has always been on Virgin pay as you go if that helps

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@thorn 

That's not an unlocking code. Old phones were locked to work only on EE based networks and so need unlocking to work on none EE sim cards now supplied.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
thorn
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How do I unlock a phone, to work on none EE sim cards now supplied?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If the phone was bought via Virgin you will need a code from them 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos