Menu
JRG49
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Phone "Can't find IP address"

Returned home after a week away. I  switched on wifi hub expecting mobile to connect but it can't, it say's it cannot connect because it can't find IP address?  My wife's mobile can however.

The only thing I can think of is I have agreed to an upgrade, it was supposed to be delivered last Friday but subsequently changed to Saturday which was too late as we were going away. I managed to change the delivery to Monday week which is still two days away.  Is it possible my contract has changed before I've actually  received the new phone and would that cause the IP address problem?  If not then I haven't a clue as to what the problem is? 

Trying to get help from Virgin has proved fruitless so far.

Thanks in advance for any help?

John

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile Phone "Can't find IP address"

the phone contract will not effect the wifi at all. you can use wifi without a contract or even a sim card in a phone.

If other people can connect tot he wifi its a problem with your phone. What phone is it. have you restarted it? have you deleted the wireless network from the phone and re connected?
0 Kudos
JRG49
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi apcyberax,

Many thanks for your quick reply and info, particularly confirming the change of contract would not of caused the issue. This way I could focus on the phone or, as it turned out, the modem.  It became apparent early evening, that my wife's phone wifi connection was intermittent at best so I tried, once again, switching the modem off and on and this time, after a few minutes wait, both phones finally got a solid connection and they have remained stable since.

Presumably switching off the modem for a week was the problem after all, not sure why that would be but thankfully all is well now.

Thanks again for your help nonetheless.  

John G

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Which phone do you have ?

Which version of software is running on the phones ?

If it is an iPhone please have a look at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Tech-Chatter/iOS14-and-iPadOS-14-MAC-address-can-change-on-your... there was a major change on iOS 14.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos