Menu
rtho782
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Phone Cut off

My mobile phone is part of my broadband package, due to the price increases I submitted a cancellation, but later stopped this cancellation - my broadband is still live.

However, Virgin have incorrectly terminated my mobile phone and left me with no phone. I cannot phone customer services as I have no phone. I borrowed my neighbours phone and the mobile team told me they cannot help me and I need the "oomph team" but they are closed, then hung up on me when I asked to speak to a manager.

Please can someone help me?! I need my phone!!

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile Phone Cut off

Definitely need the Oomph team to deal with it.

Did you not get a phone line with your package as they can be contacted on 150

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
rtho782
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I don't have a landline phone, broadband and mobile only.

The "oomph team" cannot be reached it seems?! How can I get through to the oomph team?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good question 

The general number 0345 454 1111 and ask may get you to them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
rtho782
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Nobody at virgin media will help me.

They won't issue me a PAC code as "the system won't allow it". They tell me to text 65075 for a PAC but I cannot as my phone will not send text messages.

I have spoken to multiple people today, the mobile team tell me to contact the media team and the media team pass me to the mobile team. Nobody seems to be able to contact the mythical "oomph team"

Someone in retentions this morning said they would get it reactivated within an hour, but 4 hours later it is still off.

I don't know what to do here, there is no way to escalate it?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Pushed through an escalation

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Rtho782 and sorry to hear of the trouble.

Have you been able to log into your My Virgin Media on the mobile account to ensure the direct debit is active? As it would need to be active for the SIM card to work.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
rtho782
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily.

I cannot, as we never registered for the "mobile" online account, only the "media" one, however, both DDs are active, although the mobile one has never taken any money.

I have now been told that Virgin have lost my mobile number, and I am awaiting a letter of deadlock to take this matter to ADR. In the meantime, I am in the process of setting up accounts with alternate providers, seeing as Virgin can't/wont provide a service.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, rtho782,

Sorry to hear that your complaint has gone to deadlock, you can find out more about our complaints process here. Unfortunately the port request would not working if the number isn't active following your original cancel request, but in looking at the number status it has been referred to the mobile service team to try and retrieve the number ref#P010426146. This can take 3-5 working days.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
rtho782
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

https://soundcloud.com/rich-thompson-11/vm-have-lost-number

This is when you tell me you've lost it. I've cropped out my personal details and the 1hr+ spent on hold.

Sorry, can I ask how you are linking my account details in to have flagged it to the "mobile service team"?

Side note, it's been 3 hours, do you think I received the call back I was promised?

(Select 1)

* Of Course Not

* Not a Chance

0 Kudos